BVI.EU is a leading and innovative developer of SME parks, mixed business parks and customised business buildings (built-to-suit), full of opportunities and ambitions. With more than 20 years of experience, expertise and professionalism at heart, we create space for businesses to grow. We are committed to creating sustainable growth both at our home base in Belgium and abroad.
To ensure we can realize our growth, we are looking for new, enthusiastic colleagues with a passion for real estate and a heart for business who want to reinforce our team.
As our Technical Director, you will report to the COO of BVI.EU. You will be responsible for:
- Directing, supporting and evaluating the Project Managers on projects at home and abroad;
- As the person with final responsibility and with direction of the Project Managers:
- you will be seeking and implementing optimisations and standardisation;
- you will be solving site-related topics but equally pursuing cleanliness and implementing site communication;
- you will be preparing and issuing project status reports on budget, timing and quality;
- you will be responsible for setting up and monitoring the products and processes.
- Setting up, implementing, following up and further optimising technical standards (including standardising processes, specifications,…), working procedures and best practices;
- Monitoring budgets and project planning strictly, as well as reporting on this to the CEO and shareholders;
- Detecting and implementating innovative and sustainable technologies such as renewable energy, maintenance, digitalisation and unburdening of customers,..;
- Participating in final contract negotiations with all contractors and subcontractors in order to obtain the best/quality offers for the realisation of our real estate projects;
- Budgeting construction costs when acquiring projects and/or bids for the realisation of real estate projects for clients as well as optimising additional prices;
- Setting up and maintaining professional cooperation with architects, engineers, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, including the contractual aspect;
- If necessary, following-up one real estate project in which you yourself act as Project Manager or Project Developer and are responsible for monitoring quality/budget/planning.
- You have 10 years or more experience as a Project Manager and/or Technical Director in logistics/semi-industrial real estate and preferably in different countries (e.g. B, NL, F, D);
- You have a degree in Civil Engineering and/or Architectural Engineering;
- You speak Dutch, French & English fluently. Notions of German are a plus;
- You are commercial and customer-oriented;
- You have knowledge of demolition and remediation projects;
- You have a good knowledge of permit procedures;
- You are strong in planning, organising and process management;
- You can work well with common MS Office applications such as MS Project;
- You have the necessary empathy and skills to guide and motivate Project Managers and external partners;
- You are a real team player and have a positive solution-oriented attitude;
- You have a thorough knowledge of construction prices so that you can quickly estimate the construction costs of projects.
What we offer:
- You will join a growing company with great ambition, passionate employees and a young team;
- BVI.EU has a transparent corporate culture where initiative is key;
- In your job, you will get all the autonomy required to perform the role successfully;
- You will receive an attractive salary with a package of fringe benefits.
Send your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com.
Discover all of our job openings